Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Errors check to log for more information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi , I'm new to Kodi and don't understand modern technology at all.
Please forgive me for posting here as I've navigated around this site and have tried to look for a solution to my issue but can't see it anywhere , although I'm certain it is here on this site.

I have Kodi 16.1 on an Android 4.4.2 API level 19 operating system , on an M8 Box , due to errors I can't play an ADDON I've re-installed dozens of times to no avail. I assume there is something I have to do in the settings , but am lost.
I'm in the UK and I guess trying to watch an American channel through Kodi is not allowed ?
If someone could help or better still redirect me to a file that is for beginners with no knowledge at all of Kodi that would enable me to watch addons with sports and films it would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. Please double-check the rules you just signed up to when you registered here, as we do not provide support for any addons that deliver unlawful content - which it sounds suspiciously like you're doing when you talk about sports and films.

Please check with the banned_add-ons (wiki) list as a starting point. If you believe that I'm unfairly accusing (and apologies if I am), then please post a full debug_log (wiki) to pastebin and then provide the link here.
Sorry , I didn't intend to put anyone at risk , I've checked with the banned addons and there's a few there that I'm familiar with , so infuture I will not ask for support here.

You're not unfairly accusing , you're protecting this site and preventing unlawful use as is your duty.
I will look around this site for guides on how to understand Kodi better and will use it to understand how to deal with error messages.
You're better looking on the wiki.

First time user (wiki) is a good place to start, plus the forum rules (wiki) to give you wider guidance on what the prof referred you to.