Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Install Kodibuntu on NUC (UEFI USB Boot needed) Dual boot with win10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to try out Kodibuntu on my nuc. I was hoping it might run better then kodi in windows.
I'm having a hard time installing it tho. I want to install it dualboot with windows.

My problem is that when i start the Kodibuntu installation it does NOT see windows 10. After fooling around with the bios and disabling quick boot, hibernation etc. Still couldnt get it to work.
I have figured out the USB must boot UEFI to see windows 10. How do I make Kodibuntu USB boot like this?

ubuntu-16.04.1-desktop on usb runs UEFI and can be installed along side my windows 10 but I dont want ubuntu. I know I can install kodi in ubuntu but I wanted it just to boot right into kodi, no os in the background.

Any ideas?
Kodibuntu doesn't support EFI.
Check http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955 for our recommended way to install kodi on ubuntu which autostarts into kodi.
So yesterday before the reply I installed Ubuntu and it installed alongside windows 10. The grub boot menu showed both Ubuntu and Windows selections.

Then I turned On usb legacy in the bios and started the kodibuntu installation. It asked me if I wanted to install over Ubuntu so I did. I was hoping it would leave the boot menu the same. Not so much tho. I'm pretty sure windows is still there but it just boots directly into kodibuntu.

Kodibuntu seems to be working good. Not sure the wifi might not be as good but I will have to try it out longer.

Is there an easy way to fix the boot menu? I would prefer the windows boot menu. Grub looks like crap, but if I have to stick with grub it'sno big deal.