Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature request] (simple things ?) to manage tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm so happy to have Kodi at home, everything's fine, it's perfect.

I've just got a silly (newbie) question : I would like to "mark" movies that I consider to watch with all my family (children), other movies I would like to see by myself (because my wife doesn't want...) and so.

Some playlists, in fact, but no smart playlist (as I can't find any criteria, except what I choose). Manual playlists.

How are you doing this ? What's the best way to do that ?

I thought I found a solution with tags (http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags), but it's so difficult to manage the movies we want to add to a tag : if I want to populate it from "tag" screen, the list show only titles, without any informations, and I don't know how to change the view (it doesn't depend on the skin, or I missed one with a beautiful list to cadd movies to tags). And, unfortunately, we can't add a tag to a movie where we are on the library or file list, with the context menu : an "add to tag" menu is missing.

Could you help me please ?

A simple solution would be to be able to have another list than the default one when we want to manage tag (just let us choose same lists than when we browse library, depending on skin). Or/and just add an entry in the context menu on a movie.

I could sponsor for that :-)

thank you !
Hello all,

some help would really be appreciated.

Any add-on to let me "add" tag (or tags) to a movie when i'm on a useful "normal" view, on witch I can filter, search, identify movies, and so ?

Or to substitute a useful "normal" view to the poor too simple list when we add movies to a specific tag.

Please, help me. Thank you.
i rolled up my sleeves and built an add-on for this

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310752
Thank you Zosky so much. The tags combined with Smart playlists are awesome, but have always been hell to manage. This makes it a breeze.

I hope this makes it into the main release, it should do to make tags better.

Btw, if anyone has not used tags, you can do great things with them.

I have set up TV playlists like this:
Love em
Like em
Wife
Me
Kids
Not Tagged (Playlist rule is does not contain any of the above tags)

This way you can create sub categories under the TV menu to do dynamic filtering.

I do the same with movies:
Me
Grown Ups
Family
Educate (I'm showing all of the best movies I liked to my eldest son)
Not Tagged
yup. thats exactly how we roll.

we use titan with a heavily customised home screen
like our mainMenu has tiles for [not tagged] TV / movies
and the subMenus are like me / wife / kid / family / all

the wife use to make lists and hand me sticky notes; moves this here, that there, and i got fed up managing this with queries in SQL... now any of us can do it super easily.

i've reading up today on how to submit to the repos, i'm going to give it a shot