Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 10bit video's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched this forum for 10bit video problems but found only two and those do not apply to my problem. I have three Android TV boxes and will describe the 10bit video problem with each box. All three have 2 gig memory and 8 gig internal memory.

Box 1: Amlogic S912 chip and Android 6 and KODI 17 beta 3. KODI 17 will not play 10bit mkv video files. The video's start but are garbled and not viewable. Even the audio is garbled. I can exit KODI and play the 10bit video files using the Android video player. A couple of other 3rd party video players will also play the 10bit video's. KODI 17 will play all other formats I have tried with no issues. I can remove KODI 17 and install KODI 16 and the 10bit video's play with no issues.

Box 2: Amlogic S905 chip with Android 6 and KODI 17 beta 3. KODI 17 will not play 10bit video files. I close KODI and the Android video play will play the video with no issues. I removed KODI 17 and installed KODI 16 and this box will not play 10bit video with either KODI 16 or 17 but the Android video player will play the 10bit video.

Box 3: Amlogic S905 chip with Android 5.1. KODI 16 will play 10bit with no issues. I installed KODI 17 and it will not play the 10bit video's. I can exit KODI and the Android video player will play the 10 bit video's.

Some of the 10bit video's are my own endoces and many are downloaded form different sources the encoding is not an issue as the all play on Box 3 with Android 5 and KODI 16.

I have been on the KODI site and tried finding issues like this but do not find any. and I cannot find a link to post a bug or an issue. Any thoughts or help on this?