Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When scraping a movie in TMDB for example, some data fields may be missing. If I scrap that same movie with IMDB, those fields could be filled, but may be missing others. So, in this example, neither scraping source is a full solution.

I am proposing that the scraping be done so that the required (wanted) fields for a movie are asked and the selected scrapers fill them in, not just a single scraper. Conflicts can be brought to users attention, or more simply, the scrapers can be selected in priority order.

I understand that to some degree, this functionality is there by selecting individual data fields for each scraper and running them. This would be a more user friendly way to just get the data filled in for the user.

EDIT: The UMS is an option, but this would have to be used via donor version or a slight workaround to just use it through Kodi to populate. Additionally, UMS does not completely fill the request.
Yes.. something like an "universal scanner" or "chaining scrapers" is already on our (long) todo list.