Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing Menu Backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Jarvis 16.1 on a fire tv.

I store my movies, music, and menu backgrounds on a server that just crapped out. After setting up the new media server, I can get to movies and music normally, but my custom menu backgrounds all show up as black as I navigate the main menu. I can see the backgrounds in the file manager and can navigate to the folder in the skin settings, but they won't show up when I'm in the main menu. Fanart works fine for movies and tv shows backgrounds, but the spiffy custom backgrounds for "Live TV" "Games" and "News" are all black.

To test, I set up a new install of kodi on my work laptop and the backgrounds seem to be working fine from the new server.

Ideas?

(Thanks for this fantastic skin, it rules)
Sounds like maybe you haven't added your menu backgrounds as a source yet? You need to add your backgrounds folder using File Manager, then it will be available in the menu customizer. Unless I'm not understanding what the issue is...
Nope, they're all set up as sources using the file manager. I can navigate to the backgrounds folder in the menu customizer no problem, they just don't actually appear is all. They won't even appear if I use one of them as a single image background.

The images currently reside on a shared folder on a windows 10 computer, but I've also tried with them on a number of shared media servers.

I can navigate to them and view them using the file manager, I just can't get them to show up as backgrounds.

I'm thinking I need to do a hard reset of Mimic. How can I delete all the mimic skin info and start from scratch?
No idea why it isn't working then...

You can try deleting the skin.mimic folders in Kodi's addons and userdata/addon_data folders. Then reinstall Mimic from the addon browser (Kodi repo).