Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to broadcast simultaneously with two kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to use upnp to make two kodi broadcast simultaneously.

for example: there two computer run kodi in same LAN network. one is playing a video file "test.mp4" ,i want the other kodi can get the playing time and play the source simultaneously.

like i use mobile phone to watch youtube or something else, then i click the button on youtube, the kodi on computer will paly the youtube 's video simultaneously.

how can this work with two computer, thank you
Do you mean like Casting?
because UPnP is something different, UPnP is a set of networking protocols, that permits networked devices to discover each other's presence on the network, for data sharing.

Not sure what your asking but,
Device search requests and advertisements are supported running HTTP on top of UDP using multicast (HTTPMU)
Responses to search requests are sent using unicast (HTTPU)

VERY SHORT and hopefully not to technical Version
(2016-10-27, 14:47)kimkl Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean like Casting?
because UPnP is something different, UPnP is a set of networking protocols, that permits networked devices to discover each other's presence on the network, for data sharing.

Not sure what your asking but,
Device search requests and advertisements are supported running HTTP on top of UDP using multicast (HTTPMU)
Responses to search requests are sent using unicast (HTTPU)

VERY SHORT and hopefully not to technical Version

yes,one computer play video with kodi,and cast it, the other one receive the streaming and play simultaneously.