Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Starting slideshow by default from home menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to start a picture slideshow by default from Pictures in the home menu (instead of first seeing the thumbnails and then starting the slideshow)?
I am looking for the same thing. And while we're on the topic: I am looking for the same thing when it comes to party mode/mix. That "shuffle all music" option.
Maybe I can help you with the music. I created a Smart Playlist (unfiltered, set to random), called one of the skin's custom menu items Shuffle and made opening the playlist the default action.
Works for me. I set the max number of songs to 250 as I figure I'll never need more than that at once, and besides, the playlist reshuffles every time it opens.
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately sometimes, I don't get an E-mail notification, that's why it took me so long to respond. I will try to perform the steps you mention. So, every time the playlist is started it takes 250 random songs from the whole list of songs? Sounds good!

I'll let you know if it works out!
Alternatively you could assign Kodi's built-in functions (wiki) to your menu items for both:-

Slideshow(/path/to/directory) - There are additional options to specify if photo's should be loaded recursively and to override whether pictures should be randomised, see the page linked above for details.

PlayerControl(PartyMode(Music))
Euh.... if I follow the link it says:"There is currently no text in this page."

But if I read this correctly there is a way to alter a file and point to a slide show and party mode. I will do a search and see if I can find something on this. Thanks
Sorry, wrong link. Try List of built-in functions (wiki).

There's generally good assistance in editing menu's in the relevant skins sub-forum.
Cool! I have updated Home.xml and now one of the items in the top immediately starts the party mode. Thanks!

I've found the page... should be this one: http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions. I will search a little bit more.