Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV goes searching for source when I click play video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS and Kodi 16.1 on home grown PC box dedicated to home theater.

Since my ubuntu upgraded to 16.04 from 14.04 - i have an inconvenient video problem with Kodi.

When I click on a title to play a video, my tv screen (projector) goes blank and says searching for source for a few seconds, then it pops back in to Kodi and video starts to play (although it also has a flicker or two right at the beginning of playback).
This also happens when I press STOP, to stop video playback, the screen again goes blank and says searching for source for a few seconds, then it pops back in to Kodi and resumes as normal.

I'm assuming it may be related to Ubuntu 16.04 now as this NEVER happened once while on Ubuntu 14.
I'm not sure what Kodi version I WAS using while on Ubuntu 14 so I'm not sure if it's related to the new Kodi 16.1 or not.

Tried downgrading to 15.2 but it always comes back with something like cannot find Version 15.2....so I cannot downgrade to test if it's the new Kodi version causing this.

I re-installed my Nvidia GeForce 210 video driver many many times using many versions but currently sits on 340.98 which seems to be most stable.
Acceleration on or off within Kodi did nothing to help my situation either.

Any help related to this video issue or my video card would be greatly appreciated.
Video card has not changed, using same geforce210, used to work perfectly...not sure what is causing this screen to blank out for a few seconds, it's like the projector lost the input from the HDMI coming out from my receiver (Pioneer SC-05).

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Sounds like it's caused because of the change in refresh rate to me. Try disabling that and see what happens.
(2016-10-27, 19:25)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it's caused because of the change in refresh rate to me. Try disabling that and see what happens.

which refresh rate are you referring to ? Within Kodi settings ?
YES that was it!! Modified the Refresh rate to disable and it's working as it should.
Thanks Hitcher for all your help!!
I read this post and sounds very similar to the same issues I'm having. Nvidia card and all. Sometimes it searches for the video source but it's a download file. Then it plays fine awhile then simply stops. Very annoying but I'll try disabling the "refresh" thing and see if that works. Thanks for tip in any case.

RD
Big Grin