Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Name vs Libray Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
an add-on I find really useful is Missing Movies; it scans videos sources (movies and tv episodes) and produces a list of files that have not found their way into libraries.

In my opinion, it would be a great addition to it to also have a variation of the above: File Name vs Libray Name, it would scan videos sources and give a list of videos files that don't have perfectly identical names in libraries. It would help to find both errors in files naming/dating and also when Kodi found multiple matches & picked the wrong one.[/u]

I am presently checking my whole collection manually for files vs library 1 by 1 and it is highly time consuming.
(2016-10-28, 10:57)mfu95 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
an add-on I find really useful is Missing Movies; it scans videos sources (movies and tv episodes) and produces a list of files that have not found their way into libraries.

In my opinion, it would be a great addition to it to also have a variation of the above: File Name vs Libray Name, it would scan videos sources and give a list of videos files that don't have perfectly identical names in libraries. It would help to find both errors in files naming/dating and also when Kodi found multiple matches & picked the wrong one.[/u]

I am presently checking my whole collection manually for files vs library 1 by 1 and it is highly time consuming.

Instead of doing that through kodi, I would recommend using an external media manager such as Ember Media Manager.
If you are comfortable with an sql client and Excel, you can make this an easy job

SQLite
Code:
select c00, SUBSTR(strFilename, 1, LENGTH(strFilename) - 4) AS strFilenameNoExtension from movie_view order by c00 asc
MySQL
Code:
select c00, SUBSTRING(strFilename, 1, CHAR_LENGTH(strFilename) - 4) AS strFilenameNoExtension from movie_view order by c00 asc

Paste the results into Excel and use a formula like
Code:
IF(A1=B1,"Same","Not the same")