Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Backup Restore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't find any details via search but hope someone can help. Have a Kodi install (v.16) that has a so called, "custom" build. I love all my addon's and configurations, but I want to drop this custom build. My question is, if I perform a backup to an external source. Install a clean Kodi installation. Could I then restore the backup to this new installation without the build features?

If this is possible, I would greatly appreciate instructions to make this happen.

Thanks
We don't support custom builds here, not many of the add-ons they often include. If they are on our banned add-ons (wiki) list, they violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy and invalidate any support.

If not then be more specific about what you're trying to transfer exactly.
I wasn't wanting to call out the company who made the original box, but certainly do not want to keep their build or any of their banned add-ons. Further, I do not desire to provide them any type of advertisement either. Just my add-on's which came from the approved list.

As I mentioned, it's more like a selective backup and restore if at all possible.

Thanks