Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: video fps goes down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am using Kodi 16.1 on Linux Mint 18. In case it matters, Kodi reports that my OpenGL Version is 3.0 Mesa 11.2.2

Since I installed kodi on linux (before that I used on a raspberry pi2) I noticed that often the video fps goes down, as if it would skip like 4 frames per second. Audio runs flawlessly. If I hit pause, and continue after a second or so, everything runs smoothly again. Sometimes, the picture even freezes while audio continues. Again, hitting pause and then resuming again will play the video smoothly again. I also noticed when it last froze, because I had the statistics window open ('o' on the keyboad), that apparently the entire image froze, not only the video. Even the statistics stood still.

It does not appear to depend on the bitrate. It hapend with 20 mb/s and with 5 mb/s. It also came from two different usb drives (At the end of the week these will be replaced by raid). CPU usage did not exceed 15%.

Just tested: Also happens if I play video from the SSD.

Do you have any ideas what it could be, or what more information I can give to solve this?
Thx.