Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI Krpton Audio Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue...?

But when I first play audio, video or music the volume is very quieter than it should be.

When I change any setting under System, Audio the volume increases and sounds as it should do.

If I stop the video or music and play it again the volume drops again and I have to change a setting again in System, Audio like Send low volume noise as an example.

Audio was fine in beta 1 - 3 but started this issue after beta 4.

Hope this can be fixed in the next update.

Thanks.
I just pulled B6 nightly down, to try it out and see if I could see any issues with audio volume, set it for too loud in amplification (the audio OSD while watching a video) and saved for all files, exited Kodi, re-launched and re-played, and found the higher amplification stuck. Not sure if the beta you have had an issue (but I never saw it). I should note that some of the DSP add-on's include sound equalizers etc.. But I would be more inclined to re-check your system sound levels, audio drivers and the way you're moving the audio through an HDMI cable, Direct or Waspi and look at what is decoding the various audio codecs and converting them.

Try to go by this table as a guide Audio quickstart guide (wiki) after you've updated Krypton.
Hi, I looked at guide and all my settings are correct. TV supports DTS & DD.

I've done some testing with videos with various formats and it seems DD5.1 is the only format that the volume is lower and I have to change a setting under System, Audio to bring it up again.
Hi, fixed this now. I had speaker configuration set in KODI audio settings to 2.1 as I have a soundbar. After putting back to 2.0 for the TV all is good now regarding DD5.1.

All audio playing as it should now.