Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Krypton Beta 5] 3d Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I have a KB2 android box (6.01) and having issue with 3d. Recently got a 3d TV, at the time i was running Jarvis 16.1 and was keen to test out 3d.

3d was not working correctly, i messed with all settings on TV and in Kodi but just was not 3d and hurt my eyes. Tried Krypton beta 2 and still the same. Tried beta 4 and viola, it was fantastic and was very impressed however it only worked on two occasions, the first time after upgrade then again the next night. After that it was like it had been on Jarvis and beta 2 no depth and odd perspective. one odd thing i noticed - the movie was side by side and i had mt TV set this way but Kodi was set as under/over (set by mistake but it worked, i was blown away and confused!!)

I went to beta 5 last night hoping it would resolve and now no matter what setting i select in Kodi, it sends the movie in 2d, i tried going back to beta 2 but same as before although it was sending side by side. I also noticed in beta 2, 4 and Jarvis that no matter what setting i played the move back in Kodi, it always sent it side by side, the only thing that seemed to change between under/over side/side was the menus in the skin not the video itself. Is this expected given the movie is side by side?

Is there an issue with 3d in Jarvis / Krypton? any advise on how i might troubleshoot further would be most appreciated.

Thanks!