Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: unusual problem with stored movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a large collection of movies on my NAS server, and I play these films through KODI. However, the film listing got screwed up, and so I thought of deleting the library from KODI and starting afresh. I did that successfully But, I've now got these "ghost" films on KODI that won't play at all, they seem to be a copy of the films I've just deleted, in fact whenever I try to play a film, I get the message "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?" in which I press "yes" as the film refuses to play!

I've tried to locate these "ghost" films on KODI and they seem to be in a file called "movies" but unlike my previous file which I could remove, I cannot with this one, as I don't get the option to remove "movies"

Is there a way I could get in the file called "Movies" and remove the films stored there that no longer play? I've tried pressing "C" on my keyboard, but I don't get the option to remove the files.

Would these files reside from outside of KODI, or does KODI somehow keep a record of the films? Oh,BTW, I have a MXQ pro box!

Help!

Graham
In the settings menu there should be an option to clean the library. Try that and see if it helps.
Can't find the option to clean the library in the setting menu...would it be on a different settings level like expert?
Jarvis - Settings > video > library

Krypton - Settings > media settings > library

Both with settings level at advanced or expert.
(2016-10-31, 20:31)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Jarvis - Settings > video > library

Krypton - Settings > media settings > library

Both with settings level at advanced or expert.

All I can see is:
Show plot for unwatched items
Download actor thumbnails
flatten hierachy
flatten tv show seasons
select first unwatched TV show season/episode
show "all items" entry
group movies in sets
use movies sets for single movies
show empty tv shows
update library on startup

Graham Confused
Bugger, found it by scrolling down!
Wink

In fairness I should have mentioned that...