Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mouse issue with subtitles popup UI in video player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right place to report this.

I noticed the following issue with the new Estuary theme in Kodi v17 (tested on beta 5). Basically when using a mouse its nearly impossible to click on the Download button. After hovering over the subtitles icon the popup comes up but as soon as you move the mouse up to hit Download the popup starts disappearing, unless you accidentally hit Download button quickly before the popup goes away you can click it, but its an 1 in 50 tries thing.
Estuary is still beta so your issue is best looked at in that forum.

{I'll move this along to skin support,} PatK
That's what you have to live with if you want to use kodi on other hardware than android device with a remote/controller hooked up to a TV

- mouse issue
- a lot of hidden keyboard shortcut
- almost not usable if your screen is not 16:9
- "drivers issue"

And if you think that your subtitle menu is hard to get with mouse, look at my situation and think twice about it:

Mouse Schmouse. Try using Kodi as it is designed - with a remote. But yes this problem has been noted and no doubt is (probably quite low) on someone's to do list.
@vlakas
Do you have a mouse with a scroll-wheel, that can click/move left/right? or is it just a standard wireless/corded mouse?
Well i better explain what i meant, you can disable mouse movement in full screen video, and use a different key map, i do not know if this will work but if you look at the link here
http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymaps_for_mice
<FullScreenVideo>
<mouse>
<mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
<mousemove>noop</mousemove>
<wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
<wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
</mouse>
</FullScreenVideo>
This should disable mouse movement, in full screen video, and if some Team Kodi could link where to find the command for what wheelleft and right is called, unless that is what its called, on my small wireless wheelleft goes back and right goes forward.
So you could simply add
<wheelleft>Down</wheelleft>
<wheelright>Up</wheelright>
There is more to it then this, but i will be very unpopular if i post it all so, look at the link and see if it fits your need.
Making your mouse work as a keyboard/Remote in Full Screen Video, i am not sure you can add swipe commands to Mouse, would have been nice though, giving us more commands to mouse.
I hope i have made myself understandable as to my intentions, with the commands but still need a "TK" to verify its possible.
Last Note:
If you have a Gaming Wireless/Corded Mouse you could simply use the Gaming software to program the extra mouse buttons to do what you want.
Good luck
You could ofc also just (if you have extra mouse buttons) bind this command if it still works in kodi 17
ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) to bring up subtitle search window then dl it from there but prob not what you were after
(2016-11-06, 10:15)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse Schmouse. Try using Kodi as it is designed - with a remote. But yes this problem has been noted and no doubt is (probably quite low) on someone's to do list.

Really not sure of that...

Even fix reported skin issue does not seem to be "on someone's to do list"

More like mouse support will be dropped in a few releases (kodi 20?)
Team could probably do the same with keyboard support if kodi had proper remote/controller keymap support

Hope I will have found a good remote (working on windows*) when this happen

* not needed to tell me to not use windows as someone already did in another thread
OK I won't tell you not to use windows, as you seem to already know Smile

Actually I doubt keyboard support would be dropped, as many remote controls are in fact keyboards (ie HID devices)
I found out that if you hold your left mouse button, the menu stays open and you can select whatever you want, just aslong you stay within the menufield.

But this doesnt help Gracus i think, seeing how the screen looks like.