Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Deleting Video File isn't permanent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi - Latest Beta
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I have selected to "Allow file renaming and deletion".

I then go through the normal process to remove a video:

Manage > Remove from library > "Do you really want to remove" Yes > "Would you like to delete the selected file" Yes

The video then is removed from my system, until I click [Update Library] > Then it comes back.

I am using an external storage device holding the information. I can access it via FTP and remove the file with no issue, I can also use a file explorer to access a remove the file. But Kodi seems unable to.
Are you running android?
If so which version?
Sorry should've included that. I am running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Then you have Google to thank. Kodi (most apps) can only write / delete in its own folder on an external drive.
There may be workarounds, but if you search in the android section plenty of people have come up against this.
(2016-11-02, 13:13)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]Then you have Google to thank. Kodi (most apps) can only write / delete in its own folder on an external drive.
There may be workarounds, but if you search in the android section plenty of people have come up against this.

As soon as you asked the Android Version I guessed that'd be the answer.

I came up with this exact issue with the Nvidia Shield too.