Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default menu modifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I assume this is the correct forum for basic Linux questions. Actual build is LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.2 running Kodi 16.1

Using Kodi to replace Mythtv front end

How would I go about modifying the menu selection from the default? About 80% usage is for OTA recordings running on Mythtv back end. Almost no Live TV is used, just scheduled recordings.

So when I click on TV the default view brings up Channels. I would prefer it going to Recordings. Is this the context menu that I keep hearing about on the left side?

Instead of this order (Channels Guide Recordings Timers Search)

Something like this ( Recordings Channels Guide Timers Search)

I've modified Mythtv menus before with the specific menu/submenu/submenu name.xml and put this in the /home/username mythtv runs under for overrides for things like this. Doesn't break when doing updates etc...

Think Kodi uses advancedsettings.xml . Not sure if that's how things could be modified in Kodi or if there is an addon to take the rocket science out of this.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Change your skin from (presumably) the default (confluence, blue screen with bubbles...?) to one that supports custom menu items and it's a doddle.
Head for the skins section, start reading, try a few and pick one you like.