Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc.notification help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone throw some light on the two params of time and image when used with xbmc.notification()

time: I've been informed it should be milliseconds, but ieven if I pass 140000 (14secs) it shows for the default time (~3secs)

example command used:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Notification('heading','message',time=14000)")

image: Always attempts to load filename from the current skins media folder.

ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\image=Q:\scripts\myscriptname\resources\notify.gif

example command used:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Notification('heading','message',image='Q:\scripts\myscriptname\resources\notify.gif')")

Is it possible to get it to load an image from your own scripts path?
Is there a preferred image type/size ?

Thanks
i dont think you need to put time= ... just the value for notifcations.

("Title","Message","14000","q:\\userdata\\thumbnails\\icons\\imanicon.gif")

Cannot recall if it uses "" though but the above i think would work.
That sorted the time (quotes not needed btw). thanks.

but image still gives the error

ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\"q:\userdata\thumbnails\icons\notify.gif"

Its seems to be hardcoded to join whatevers passed onto current skin path?
Here is a simple solution, it only works in PM3 though, i've tested PM3 and MC360.

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui
import os

imgPath = os.path.join(os.getcwd().replace(';',''), 'resources').lstrip("Q:\\")
imgFile = imgPath + "\\preview.png"

xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Notification(heading,message,5000,..\\..\\..\\' + imgFile + ')')
Thanks for having a look at it. but tbh, as its only a PMIII solution, its not ideal.

Ideally, XBMC.Notification() could check in the path given before looking for filename in the skin path.