Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hi-res images crash slideshow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm aware of the issue with large folders and this is not that issue. I've tried several times with random pictures and as little as 2 images in a folder and I still see this issue.

In summary, when I view a picture and try to navigate to the next picture my system crashes and reboots. The pictures in question (and I have selected numerous different pictures from a large collection) are usually taken with my phone which has a 12.2 mp camera.
They are around 4032 x 3024 res and between 3 and 4 mb in size.

If I resize the images to about half the resolution everything works normally but at this size it's impossible to browse the collection.

I've had this issue for months, I've updated through several release and I'm update with the current release but the problem persists.

All the searches I've tried on the forum end up at the "too many images in a folder" issue but this is definitely not that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a known bug?
Just loaded up a 6200 pixel x 6200 pixel Nasa image of the universe at 60 megabytes. Most of my camera shots are about the same size as yours, and I have quite a few of them and ran into "too many images in a folder" problem, but not a res issue. Wondering if you're running short of video ram and if that's the case you might be able to add more disk/system cache memory? Perhaps a debug log (wiki) might give a hint?
Worth a look. Thanks.