Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a large music collection............in some cases when I play music I will see the correct artist art, album cover art but the wrong artist logo will appear. In most cases there isn't a separate artist logo file so I am assuming it is embedded in th music file? How do I correct these incorrect art logo's?

As a side note several artists with the wrong artist logo's all have the same incorrect one...............is this a clue?

Sorry I am inexperienced in this area.........HELP!
I'd check your Artist and Album Artist tags for those songs.

I've never had a problem with incorrect logos but all my music is tagged correctly and in folders that are in correct: ARTIST\ALBUM NAME folders and have correct ARTIST nfo files which contain MusicBrainz ArtistIDs.

I'm not sure what logs require: Is it tagged 'Artist' or 'MusicBrainz ArtistIDs' ? I'm sure someone here will advise.
What is the best way/software to look t tags?
(2016-11-05, 04:10)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best way/software to look t tags?

I use Tagscanner (free)
http://www.xdlab.ru/en/
(2016-11-05, 04:10)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best way/software to look at tags?

Mp3tag is nice, and of course there is Picard.

But I suspect your issue is NFO file related not tags. I'm a bit confused what you mean by "artist logo". The picture of the artist that comes up on the artist node, or artist info dialog?

Check your music folder structure for artist.nfo files, do you have any? If you do what is your folder structure? Kodi uses the folder common to all the music files by that artist to locate the NFO file to use, this can reult in the behaviour you reporting.