Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ESPN3 plugin channel guide data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any advice for getting the guide data to show correctly for the plugins with live streams. I've successfully managed to get ESPN & ESPN2 setup as channels. That part was simple with the PTV context menu setup. The only issue is that it continually shows the same show that was on at the time I added the channel. For instance, sports center was on ESPN when I added the channel and now it always list sports center in the guide even though if I go into the ESPN3 plugin it correctly lists what's currently on. Not sure if there is a way to get this info to transfer or if there are tricks some of you use to fake it. Instead of adding it as an internet channel is it possible to setup a dummy channel in tvheadend and then setup the plugin as live to and use the dummy channel as the link for guide data?
This all depends on how you setup the channel, and the type of channel you created.... PTVL's context export tool is only as smart as the plugin you are pulling data from. ie plugin with poor meta and poorly labeled listitems will supply PseudoTV Live with incorrect data and perhaps build the wrong chtype?

PseudoTV Live has only one channel type (ie. chtype) that can pair "LIVE" guide data to a playable plugin/link/file and that's the "LiveTV" chtype.

I'm not familiar with the ESPN plugin assuming it contains a "Live" feed to ESPN... you can create a "LiveTV" channel type and supply guide data from one of the many supported sources. If you are unable to locate guide data for this link you can alternatively create a "InternetTV" chtype where you can specify channel details.

If the ESPN plugin does not contain a "Live" feed and merely has video files you'd like to incorporate into PseudoTV Live, use the "Plugin" chtype and all meta and guide data is pulled from the plugin.

Export tool works for all supported chtypes, and should be smart enough to build the correct chtype... if you see its not please let me know and supply and log.
(2016-11-05, 20:39)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]This all depends on how you setup the channel, and the type of channel you created.... PTVL's context export tool is only as smart as the plugin you are pulling data from. ie plugin with poor meta and poorly labeled listitems will supply PseudoTV Live with incorrect data and perhaps build the wrong chtype?

PseudoTV Live has only one channel type (ie. chtype) that can pair "LIVE" guide data to a playable plugin/link/file and that's the "LiveTV" chtype.

I'm not familiar with the ESPN plugin assuming it contains a "Live" feed to ESPN... you can create a "LiveTV" channel type and supply guide data from one of the many supported sources. If you are unable to locate guide data for this link you can alternatively create a "InternetTV" chtype where you can specify channel details.

If the ESPN plugin does not contain a "Live" feed and merely has video files you'd like to incorporate into PseudoTV Live, use the "Plugin" chtype and all meta and guide data is pulled from the plugin.

Export tool works for all supported chtypes, and should be smart enough to build the correct chtype... if you see its not please let me know and supply and log.

The plugin does contain live feeds if you have a legal subscription, which we do. Once you authorize it you get the feeds you are allowed to watch.

The part I bolded above is what I believe I'm struggling with. I use the export function and using livetv I get three options. URL, HDHR, and pvr. My HDHR is for OTA do I know that won't work so I guess my options would be to trick my tvheadend to creating a dummy channel that I can use schedulesdirect to scrape or URL which I have no idea.

Hopefully someone using PTV has figured out a way and can offer more info.

Thanks Luna for the quick response, looks like nothing you can do on your side.
(2016-11-05, 21:18)japes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-05, 20:39)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]This all depends on how you setup the channel, and the type of channel you created.... PTVL's context export tool is only as smart as the plugin you are pulling data from. ie plugin with poor meta and poorly labeled listitems will supply PseudoTV Live with incorrect data and perhaps build the wrong chtype?

The plugin does contain live feeds if you have a legal subscription, which we do. Once you authorize it you get the feeds you are allowed to watch.

The part I bolded above is what I believe I'm struggling with. I use the export function and using livetv I get three options. URL, HDHR, and pvr. My HDHR is for OTA do I know that won't work so I guess my options would be to trick my tvheadend to creating a dummy channel that I can use schedulesdirect to scrape or URL which I have no idea.

Hopefully someone using PTV has figured out a way and can offer more info.

Thanks Luna for the quick response, looks like nothing you can do on your side.

PseudoTV Live also uses XMLTV files, if you configure the path in PTVL's settings under "DVR" tab... the guide data list will include the xmltv files found.

You'll have to learn how to produce a xmltv file that includes guide data for espn...