Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video stops with one CPU core at 100%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the last few weeks I've been having high bit rate movies pause and start buffering with one CPU at 100%. The files are mkv's of full bluray copies that sit on a NAS (freeNAS). Both Kodi and the NAS are hardwired to a gigabit switch. I figured there was something wrong on the LAN, but numerous iperf tests seem to indicate that I have a good connection between Kodi and the NAS. The NAS and Kodi have both been in this configuration for several years with no issues.

From the log, the only warning I'm getting while the video is playing is "WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available"
On screen I can see that one of the four CPU cores goes from a 2-3% to 100% almost instantaneously. Running top on Kodi at the time, it appears that kodi.bin was the culprit. Although I don't know if this is the cause or the symptom.

I've been fighting this for several days and haven't been able to find a solution here or elsewhere. Any help is appreciated...

Kodi: (16.1 Git:c327c53) x64
CPU: i3-2120T
GPU: GeForce GT520

debug log here

iperf test:
Code:
Client connecting to 192.168.1.99, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
------------------------------------------------------------
[  3] local 192.168.1.20 port 36244 connected with 192.168.1.99 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.10 GBytes   941 Mbits/sec