Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No category focus on kodi start (estuary) you can´t navigate ui
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, this problem been present since estuary introduction.

Sometimes when you start kodi, skin wont highlight any item or category by default. So, when you try to move with keyboard or control pad, you will hear the ui clicks but nothing will happen.

You will need to use the mouse to highlight some homescreen category and then you can move with keyboard, control pad or whatever.

So, problem is estuary not setting a default highlight item when kodi start.

I think It could be solved changing skin to highlight the first category item (ie MOVIES) by default when kodi start.
I have been getting the exact same issue in the 17 betas, on 3 machines (including 2 NUC's) running win8.1. Seems to be when the mouse kicks the app off from shortcuts on a taskbar and this seems to be a "dead zone" for focus to be grabbed back by my IR remotes, but the UI clicks are audible.
Does not happen with Confluence loaded instead.
It's not a problem if Kodi is launched automagically on startup, but if I kick it off manually from shortcuts on the bottom left, I have to move the mouse again to regain control.

EDIT Looks like it happens when the mouse is located in the RSS feed area....I think.
Yes, doesnt happen with confluence.

Im pretty sure it s just an easy fix. They need to set a startup ui item focus by default.

It´s a real pain for htpc IR remote users, since when this happens, you cant browse the ui at all.
As you said, seems problem mostly shows when cursor is located on RSS area. So, mostly everytime you launch kodi from windows taskbar it will not work.
thanx for the report!
fix pending: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10937
Nice. Thanks!
Great news. Thanks for addressing it!
Works fine now on latest builds.

Thanks
Confirming I haven't had this problem since my first boot of 17b6