Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI crashes on exit and can't download subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've currently got 2 issues with my KODI system:

KODI version: 16.1
Architecture: x86_64 (Intel-based)
Kernel version: 4.4.0-34-generic

I am running a few add-on's and the Aeon Nox skin.

Firstly, the KODI application crashes on exit.
I think this line, near the end of the debug log, could be related: "player.showcodec' still used by 2 instances"

Secondly, all of a sudden KODI is unable to search subtitles on Opensubtitles and subscene. It starts searching for subtitles but then just hangs in this search, seemingly without end (have waited at least 30 secs for the search to find something or finish).

Any help and expertise would be greatly appreciated, as I would really like to avoid reinstalling KODI completely, or something else drastic like that.
Since it was suggested in another thread, I just tried switching back to the default confluence skin to see if that would make any difference.

It did - but only shortly, as I was actually able to search subtitles and exit KODI without issues until the next time I opened KODI, as then both issues had returned...
It seems I have fixed this issue myself by uninstalling some add-on's and disabling some other ones.

Still unsure if this is a lasting fix and I will be re-enabling the few add-on's that are currently disabled, one by one, to hopefully be able to single out the one causing trouble and then just get rid of that particular add-on.
(2016-11-16, 00:08)scporse Wrote: [ -> ]It seems I have fixed this issue myself by uninstalling some add-on's and disabling some other ones.

Still unsure if this is a lasting fix and I will be re-enabling the few add-on's that are currently disabled, one by one, to hopefully be able to single out the one causing trouble and then just get rid of that particular add-on.

I've found out that using Trakt kills my YouTube by adding add-on's one at a time like that.