Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Synology - DSM - Network share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I'm switching from a Mac Mini to a Synology DS916+ under DSM 6.

I'm trying to add TV show share folder but i have a problem. Actually :
- I have a shared folder called "video" with two subfolders : movies & TV
- NFS is activated fo the video shared folder

I can't add to different sources, with two different scrapper, i can only add the shared folder.

Any idea ?

Thanks !
Don't add the "video" folder as a single source, add the sub-folders ("video/movies" and "video/TV") as two separate sources, and set the content of one as movies and the other as TV shows.

You can certainly do that with NFS, as it's exactly what I have at home (indeed I have it twice, one tree for family media and the other for stuff not suitable for the kids, hence have 4 sources, two each of each type).
Thanks.

That what i'm trying but NFS activation is done, for DSM, at share folder or i missed something.
My NAS isn't a Synology, so I can't specifically comment on DSM6.

However what you may be able to do if all you have is the "video" share available is to set that as content type "none" in Kodi, then navigate to it in Kodi and via the context menu for each of the sub-folders ("movies" and "tv") set the content individually of those to their correct type. That should assign the correct scraper to each branch and you should be fine from there.

But from a quick look at the DSM manual an admin group user on the NAS should be able to create shares which may be a better way to go unless you want to use DLNA/UPnP as that is what the default "video" share is designed for.
I can't add sub folder in Kodi but i will create dedicated folders.

thanks.
So, i followed this tuto :
http://technotips.fr/132-kodi-xbmc-creer...rettyPhoto

But it's not working for me, i can't go further than the IP, the shared folder, and there isn't any scrapping.
No one using a Synology ?
I would suspect that you have a problem with permissions, probably on how the NFS share is exported. Your log file (ideally, a debug_log (wiki)) would probably tell you what's going wrong.
(2016-11-11, 23:49)Nemrod Wrote: [ -> ]No one using a Synology ?

I have a synology, but I don't have NFS set, so my setup wouldn't tell you what's happening with yours.

How are you accessing the NAS? From what OS? Can you see your subfolders in the "explorer" of the OS? Do you see the source folders in kodi?

As suggested, if you provide a log or more specific information as to what's happening, we might be able to figure it out.
Hi,

Thanks, here is the log.

Nemrod
You seem to be on Kodi 15,2 - so, if there is a problem on the Kodi side, it can't get fixed. I'd suggest that you try 16.1 if not one of the 17.0 builds.

Oh, and have you perhaps edited your log file to remove traces of banned addons? I could be mistaken, but... please remove them entirely from the system and post new log if you with this conversation goes any further (other than to the garbage).
Thank you for your answer.

My setup is a bit old :
1. I was not aware of banned add-ons. Could you please tell where to find the list in order to uninstall them / respect the rues ?
2. I'll upgrade Kodi.

Nemrod
The wiki entry for banned_add-ons (wiki) is a good place to start, although there's a degree of common sense: if you're receiving stuff that you'd otherwise have to pay for, or that you couldn't just watch on the official site via a browser, then you're on the wrong side of the line.
Thanks.

Indeed, but in my case, most of my add-ons came from the skin i use. So, except for TraKT, i don't know yet but i'm gonna check.
Pages: 1 2 3