Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Background images not saved?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just installed Nebula (Jarvis) from the Kodi repository onto an Android 5.1 TV box and I like it very much. It's refined, understated and clean. Thank you for all your work.

I'm a newbie to Kodi so might be doing something wrong. When I change the Background images via the Browse Image button, accessing my own images on a USB flash drive, some stick but some don't. Is there a trick to saving these settings?

I may have made life difficult for myself by deleting some of the default home menu items (e.g. Music) and then modifying another default (Weather) to convert it into a "Sports" menu; and I converted the Videos menu into a Movies menu. My new menu items don't show up in the Background tab so I changed the Weather and Videos background images and they don't save. But some of the default menu items I did keep don't seem to save new backgrounds either.

I'm not fit to edit any code so I hope that's not the solution. Nor would I relish resetting the Home menu to default as it has taken me a long time to set up the submenus. At a stretch, I might be able to find the default directory of background images and substitute my own image files there if you could point me to them.

Thanks for everything.
You have to save your background images from usb to the Kodi media folder. From there you can do what you like.