Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrading kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all and please bare in mind I am totally tech incompetent. I have a android MXQ box, Google TV and it's an old version so I can't load up any new builds. I've tried to upgrade my kodi but just can't see how I do this. I've tried from Google play but it just says it's already installed. I've looked at the instructions on here but I can't figure it out at all. Can someone please help as to the easiest way for me to upgrade.
Many thanks
What version of android and kodi do you have at present?
Hi
I'm using Android v 4.4.2 and kodi V1 4.1 helix
Thanks
OK well your android should run at least 16.1/Jarvis (the current stable) - but you'll need android 5.0 to run the next version (17/Krypton)

What version does the play store say is installed?
What chipset is your mxq on? I changed to libreelec. A bare installation of kodi. Hopefully still supports 17+ in the future.

Sent from my SM-G925F
Hi nick
I'm not sure, it doesn't give me the option to update kodi but when I search for it in Play it just says it's installed. But it's not the Jarvis version. Am I best trying to download that from the kodi site? Or will I have to un install first? I'm a bit concerned with it being a box. Same with the Android version, is that upgraded from kodi too?
Many thanks
Sorry sincze I'm not sure , I've looked through the system info and found: kernel : Linux 3.10.33, CPU: ARM vs processor rev 1 (v7l)
I've managed to download kodi 16.1 Jarvis onto my box but it won't install cos I can't unisnstall my old version. I think it's cos I brought it as a loaded box maybe ...?
Hey guys I managed to uninstall my old kodi and now have 16.1 Jarvis Smile I even managed to put a new bill on, no limits, so I'm feeling extremely chuffed and pleased with myself Big Grin
Only thing is its running very slow, I'm assuming this is cos of my android operating system may be? Would upgrading this help and where would I find a better version?
Many thanks in advance
(2016-11-13, 17:36)Mantis7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I managed to uninstall my old kodi and now have 16.1 Jarvis Smile I even managed to put a new bill on, no limits, so I'm feeling extremely chuffed and pleased with myself Big Grin
Only thing is its running very slow, I'm assuming this is cos of my android operating system may be? Would upgrading this help and where would I find a better version?
Many thanks in advance

If you have installed a 3rd party piracy build over your fresh install of Jarvis 16.1 then you're on your own I'm afraid.
On that subject - read this