Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: video codec other builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, ive tried and tried but eventualy ive came here to ask the experts::

Ill ask the question first, then try to explain why!!!!

Can i replace the video playback codecs in Jarvis with the codecs used in 14.2 helix Huh?

Reason :: i have an android mx box which only plays smooth video using 14.2 helix ,, and i want to run jarvis on it..

Im not 100 percent sure its the codecs , but after months of tweaking the codecs in jarvis on this box i still have stuttering.

So thats the only conclusion i can come to unless someone knows any different..

ITS NOT BUFFERING OR THE OBVIOUS OTHER SETTINGS. Otherwise i wouldnt be here !

thanks guys

badrabbit
first: no you can't

2nd: the problem is not the codecs, it's you're device's firmware
(2016-11-15, 00:44)Badrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys, ive tried and tried but eventualy ive came here to ask the experts::

Ill ask the question first, then try to explain why!!!!

Can i replace the video playback codecs in Jarvis with the codecs used in 14.2 helix Huh?

Reason :: i have an android mx box which only plays smooth video using 14.2 helix ,, and i want to run jarvis on it..

Im not 100 percent sure its the codecs , but after months of tweaking the codecs in jarvis on this box i still have stuttering.

So thats the only conclusion i can come to unless someone knows any different..

ITS NOT BUFFERING OR THE OBVIOUS OTHER SETTINGS. Otherwise i wouldnt be here !

thanks guys

badrabbit

Isn't the real question why do you want to run Jarvis if Helix is working fine on your device? It's a firmware issue. These cheap boxes often use custom Kodi builds to 'hack' compatibility with their crappy firmware.

If you want to upgrade then upgrade your hardware first.
The reason I want to use jarvis on that box is because some addons I use are not compatible with helix.
Also, if it's a firmware problem, why does the video on this box run smoothly in helix but not jarvis? Is it just a software hardware conflict,??
if so could.someone point me in the right direction were I can upgrade the firmware
Thqbks guys.