Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio but no video, flashing solid colored screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running windows 10, 32 bit 64x processor. Able to plug to my tv and view movies on Netflix and tv episodes on ABC. On kodi however I get audio but no video. It's not a black screen it changes or flashes solid colors. No picture. I have disabled the blue dot for acceleration, rebooted the system and still no video.

So what's the fix? Upgrade to 64 bit? Update graphics card? Or is there a simpler option out there. Thanks for any help!
In Kodi try software rendering settings>video>acceleration, if that didn't do it then a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread would help demystify log (wiki)
try to check if you have the latest graphics drivers from the producer of your graphics card, then try enabling hardware rendering and set render method to auto.
hi,i'm not trying to hijack your thread,i'm watching it for solution.i'veinstalled,uninstalled twice,then ending 3rd try i found banned add-on (wiki) reference removed and realized what is was for.i just uninstalled and tried another setup.the wiki is poorly written.i found better instructions at banned site reference removed .i also tried a free telly thing,basically puttogether
.out of all this effort i still get this result.
great sound,subtitles.i thought i might need video card.
but the above poster has one and still has this problem,so i'll save my money ,keep trolling for similar problems,and keep trying .if i fix it i'll let you know.
btw win7 ultimate64x but i just did 86.....i could try compatability mode AND i found someone said go to appdata/roaming and delete.xml gui in user data,and it didnt hurt,but didnt help
also i tried disabling AERO ON WIN 7>CUSTOMIZE

OMG.I GOT VIDEO !!.THANK YOU.SOO MUCH.last things i did was unhide hidden folders in windows then C:/user/pcname/appdata/roaming/kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml(i deleted it but left in trash to restore if needed)
tthen i did ur blue dot above(VIDEO ACCELERATION,I TURNED IT OFF AND CHANGED IT FROM AUTO TO SOFTWARE.HAD TO ADJUST SETTINGS LEVEL--basic,standard,ADVANCED AND EXPERT HAVE ACCELERATION SETTINGS ON VIDEO
.....BTW kodi made new .xml so ones in trash can delete.
.I'VE been trying to wrap my brain around this for 1 1/2 yrs for my 73&79 yr old parents.$80 a month for 1 soap opera and lifetime and hallmark movies.so happy they made this for windows.old pcs i have lots of.MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
You might also try wrapping your brain around the forum rules (wiki), the banned add-ons (wiki) list and a blog or two.

Almost everything in your post would violate one or more of them - we do not condone or promote piracy here, nor 3rd party parasites that do.