Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't seem to connect to windows 7 networked computer using android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I had this up and working once before but I had to reinstall windows. I changed my OS to Windows 7 from Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the computer on the network using Kodi for Android (Marshmallow 6.0.1). I can see the workgroup and the computers on it but whenever I try to connect to the computer it just keeps popping up with the dialogue for my user name and password over and over again. I CAN connect and transfer files using solid explorer just fine. I maybe disabled a component or needed for networking and sharing center to turn on network and sharing but I can't figure out which one and I don't want to go around just blindly turning them off and on. Can someone who knows more about networking please help me out? It is a clean windows install I have just set everything up all the way on - this was the last thing, so I really really really don't want to install windows again. Please help, if you can.
klear6

PS I am relatively new to this so please go easy on me

OMG 2 seconds after posting that I can now connect. OK, so now my question is, what the heck was the problem and how did it fix itself?