Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie trying to do the TortoiseGit steps to get started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm still preparing to help out in Kodi and I'm at the TortoiseGit steps on the Wiki page HOW-TO:Compile Kodi for Windows. I can't seem to actually do these steps, though, because I can't even get TortoiseGit to open up so I can do the steps after the one that says to read Git Usage. Every time I try to open up TortoiseGit, it takes me through the steps to install it, and that's it. Can someone please help? I was hoping to get started with Kodi as soon as possible.

Thanks,
DrummingWoman32
Any particular reason you're building from source rather than simply installing an executable?

https://kodi.tv/download/

Are you planning on joining in as a developer? If so, direct contact with one of the Windows devs might be useful...
Stop running the installer and actually open the executable file where it actually installed to?
(2016-11-15, 22:19)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Any particular reason you're building from source rather than simply installing an executable?

She says she wants to help out, so presumably to start developing
Let's find out if I can actually open the executable file where it is actually installed to...I was just looking for it now. If this helps, I have files called bin, Diff-Scripts, Languages, apr License, Changelog, Changelog pre-1.8, and TortoiseGit License. Also, yes, I'm trying to join Kodi as a developer.
Guys, I managed to figure it out. I just didn't understand that the idea was to click on a directory in my computer first. I'm moving on in prepping for Kodi as a developer. Thank you for your help.
If you're going to be compiling what is the current master branch on Github then that wiki page will be slightly out of date now I think as we've completely switched over to cmake for windows, the most up to date documentation is probably at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/project/cmake