Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I am running Kodi Jarvis version on Windows 10 and I have be noticed some strange behavior with this app.

It's seems the app does not recover after stay long moments on still status. An example today I was playing a stream movie on my home network and then I pause the film by 1 hour, after that it's was no longer possible to play the movie. The screen of my TV stayed black, I was forced to put Kodi in "window mode" to close and open again!!!

It's seems that Kodi enter in "Not Responding" mode.
I have no energy settings set on Kodi, everything is disabled on energy settings.

It's not a first time that happens

Someone have an experienced this kind of behavior??

Please help

Regards

Sent from my iPad
Do you get the same behaviour if you repeat the test using a movie stored locally on your PC?

Just wondering if it's something on your network timing out and so Kodi is losing access to what it's playing.
(2016-11-16, 09:41)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get the same behaviour if you repeat the test using a movie stored locally on your PC?

Just wondering if it's something on your network timing out and so Kodi is losing access to what it's playing.

Hi,

This is quite strange, about your question !

I think yes but I have to test

Thanks for replying

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-11-16, 11:11)jaxwins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-16, 09:41)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get the same behaviour if you repeat the test using a movie stored locally on your PC?

Hi,

This is quite strange, about your question !

I think yes but I have to test

Thanks for replying

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

I made the test like this:

Boot the windows, kodi is set to automatic startup on logon.

I leave the app for a while in home screen like 30 min and that's it, kodi did not recover I have to switch to windows mode (with kodi screen always in black).

I closed the app and started again :-((

Sent from my iPhone
This behavior is related with "black screen issue" is already thread open

Sent from my iPhone