Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alpha 17 Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a new android box A96Z, its new so not many reviews. I find it stop freezes, after I installed my addons. It came pre installed with addons some don't work others I don't use. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone
If it came pre-installed with stuff (a "fully loaded" box with banned add-ons (wiki)) then we probably can't help you if the add-ons are on the list.

Have a read of this, and if it describes your situation then I'd suggest you return the box for a refund and get a reputable one that doesn't violate our forum rules (wiki) and our Official:Trademark Policy (wiki).
Thank you I'm new to the Kodi world. I've obviously asked the wrong people prior, when I asked if this is legal. Is there a list of approved non banned kodi addons? (wiki)
I apologize and appreciate the education.

Sent from my iPhone
Team Kodi

I read the link you provided. Please how can I help you stop the piracy? I'm not stupid but I had no idea there was a war with the 3 red party addons. Some used to affiliated with with Phoenix which I would hope is yours exclusively.
When They had created their own repo I just thought it had become to large to be included with Phoenix. I've enjoyed it for One year, until I purchased this new box with Krypton 17 installed. Most addons did not work the ones I've used in the past with no issues, now had issues.
When I say I don't know the difference between Kodi address and the others I'm serious. Please help me fix this and help others that are unaware as well.

Thanks for creating Kodi it's great!!!
I'm disabled and can't get out often, Kodi allows me to watch my movies, and get my favorite old tv shows that are not offered anywhere else.
Again Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Phoenix is on the banned add-ons (wiki) list and is entirely 3rd party and not supported by or affiliated to us at all (same for all the add-ons and repos on that list).

The rule of thumb is to apply a little common sense. If you are being offered TV shows, channels or movies for free that you would normally need to pay to receive, or that are otherwise not normally available (eg movies that are still in theatres) then you can fairly safely bet that the sources are not legal.

As detailed in the links I already provided, piracy is the bane of Kodi and it's parasitically killing it by dragging our name and reputation through the mud.
Trust me my common sense had me asking questions about how that was possible.
How to find out more about the addons. No true answer until I found this forum.

Box A96Z returned. Thanks for the education.

Sent from my iPhone