Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What have i missed fresh 17 updates failed dependency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have i missed something?
I installed a fresh 17 beta5 but updates will not install, dependency error
TV Guide i use for watching "legal" live stream will not install can't create directory

15:32:11 T:2300 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\kimkl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\5b011748-7f80-47ba-ae47-c77b74c6057b
15:32:11 T:484 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://outdated/)

INFO: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - Source read didn't return any data! Hit eof(?)

I have no idea what any of this means, first time i try to install beta5
beta4 i had no problems with
This is not an upgrade totally clean install help please? (first and last time you will see me use that word)
Are you about to release final 17 is that why i get addons outdated?
Okay this is weird and should not be so and has not been so system is now the owner of my user folder kimkl,
administrators and me (kimkl) still has full control but how did owner change from kimkl to system

Well isn't that nice i have been removed from user folder and user only have read admins have full access that is why i could install kodi but when i run with my user kimkl i have no access great just great

All is fine just me that needs glasses was looking at the wrong user, but i still have the problem with outdated and create directory problem
Patk this line
(17 B5)
C:\Users\kimkl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\184cc1bd-ede8-4a18-b015-1cfbc7df5822
should that not be
C:\Users\kimkl\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\temp\184cc1bd-ede8-4a18-b015-1cfbc7df5822

Because on both my kodi's 16.1 and the new 17 b5 temp folder is inside cache its trying to create the temp folder in the wrong location as far as i can see

thx for the link Patk yea i know was just not paying attention embarrassing for me, because i have a MCP in windows server but thats sorted i need glasses but the temp folder is that right its trying to create it outside cache?
I made a temp folder in the location outside the cache folder everything updated like it should, so you guys have a coding error somewhere Big Grin

Even a blind chicken can find a grain on its 5000 try, damn sounded better in my head anyways works now
You should grab a nightly; been fixed for a while now.

scott s.
thx scott your a life saver i did read the beta news well some but must have missed that one thx m8
Big Grin
Now i know i need glasses was in plain site.
• Upgrading any add-on currently fails on Windows.

Well i did find a dirty fix just make a temp folder under kodi in the userdata folder hehe.
and it updates as normal Big Grin

Am i the only one who found out you could just make a temp folder under
\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp like that and get it working normal that would really be a first if i was the first one to spot that.

nah who am i kidding the TK Guru's probably found out before me.
Big Grin would have been nice to be right for a change and not always wrong Big Grin

CASE CLOSED