Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with Sohu Add-On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I don't think SoHu is considered piracy, at least in the way my wife describes it (all of the content is free in China on their version of Roku). So I am going to ask this question here.

She is a Chinese Citizen, and she has her streaming box that she brought with her. It works, but I hate it for 2 reasons:
1) It sucks down bandwidth
2) It is an additional device that I would rather not have

One of my plans for Kodi was to download the SoHu add-on so that she can have the same effect as her box, but I can also have my content on it.

The problem is, every time she tries to play a video it is unavailable. It is not a content filter (in frustration I got IPVanish and set it to HongKong).

Does anyone have similar issues?

Additionally, is there a Chinese Keyboard? I looked for one but could only find the Scripting one.

EDIT: I am running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi, with OpenELEC.
1. Sohu plugin works in my test. and I living in mainland China. may be the video url don't work outside mainland China.
2. Kodi have internal Chinese keyboard after verion 16.0. you should select at settings-->appearance-->international-->keyboard layouts-->ChineseBaiduPY.
Hmm, maybe I have to check my Kodi release. I have whatever came native to OpenELEC.

Can you try playing Goldbergs? It is an american show that she loves, she tried this and a few other things and she got errors. I had the VPN say I was in HongKong...
I have upgraded to LibreELEC 7.0.2 with Kodi 16.1, and I have the keyboards now. Smile

Still waiting on my wife to check on SoHu. Do you have any recommendations for other Chinese TV/Movie apps she may like?
(2016-11-18, 03:28)taxigps Wrote: [ -> ]1. Sohu plugin works in my test. and I living in mainland China. may be the video url don't work outside mainland China.
2. Kodi have internal Chinese keyboard after verion 16.0. you should select at settings-->appearance-->international-->keyboard layouts-->ChineseBaiduPY.

Every time I try to play a video it tells me that the error is in the log file. where is the log file it creates?
Your log file is the Kodi log file - see here.
(2016-12-06, 23:08)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Your log file is the Kodi log file - see here.

Okey dokey, I'll post it up when I get home.

Thanks!
Ok, um weird. It started workingHuh

I'll have my wifey test later with her own stuff....
Ok, she tried some. When she tried to play American Movies they say "This Content is currently not available"