Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File name begin with period
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TMM is not detecting media files that begin with a period.
Example files:
1) .on.Flux.2005.strm
2) .Re.Assignment.2016.strm
These files names are how they are saved directly from Kodi. The periods are in place of special characters. The way Kodi placed them is with underscores in the directory name and periods in the file name. If I manually change the file name to remove the leading period, all is detected just fine in TMM. In Kodi, there is never any issues with detection.

The movie names are: 1) Æon Flux and 2) (Re) Assignment.
The folder names are: 1) __on Flux (2005) and 2) _Re_ Assignment (2016)

I have tried removing them and readding them, the file names are named in the same way.
leading dots indicate hidden files in _almost_ every file system - thus we ignore that!
I suppose Kodis logic is not optimal there, but I am afraid - changing the logic in tmm for this special case leads to severe problems.
I cannot disagree with you, it is the same for me on Ubuntu where a leading period indicates a hidden file. Why it is that way with Kodi, I do not know... I believe it would be more prudent to use underscore just as done with the directory names.

It is not too big a deal, I can change those easy enough. For those not as knowing, it would be more an issue for them. As long as the issue is known, that is good. And I do understand that this is technically not a bug with TMM.
As the issue has been answered, I would consider this closed.