Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback HDR ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

is there a way to playback the HDR Samples so that Kodi switches immediately to HDR on the TV or Beamer ?

Or do you have to change that manually ?

Thanks
Working on kodi hdr project and will be releasing the code and the files next week.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/kodi-pro...vie.72647/

If you want to see more info. I created 2 files hdr on.exe hdr off.exe which can be called in external players option for mpc hc 64bit. You simply click on hdron then load whatever movie and hdr off for bluray. Works inside the kodi menu structure. Might have to offer other versions if you run 32bit or mpc be versions. But just beta testing for mpc hc at the moment. Looking at next week to release this to public.
Thanks , that's great news.

One question though.

it it only playable on a Windows Machine or also on any Kodi Machine , i.ex. Nvidia Shield ?

Would i need to download the nightly build to test it ?
This is for kodi for mpc hc 64bit GPU acceleration cards with HDR TV. Beta testing will expand to madvr and non HDR TVs to see if hdfury type HDR can be added thru HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 ports. Currently I got this working in win 10 mpchc 64 bit thru AMD rx470 using hardware acceleration to sonybxbr HDR TV. I have another beta tester trying this on another newer HDR TV with kaby lake onboard graphics. He is having good results with this. Next step is to push a non HDR TV past its dynamic range. That is something I'm going to get the other tester to try with vizo LCD panel. Also trying 1080p HDR sampl s as well to see if you can save HDD space and still enjoy hdr.

This will work with any version of kodi for PC as the app is called outside kodi inside kodis menu items.