Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default Language changed on initial installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys:

Downloaded a 1st time install of Kodi today and when looking at the Video Addon selection.. about 15% of the way down the list and all of a sudden my English text turned into a non readable fuzzy foreign text. As I backed out of this area, the non-readable text remained. I am wondering - could it be the graphics card or maybe a compatibility item that I need to download...

The PC is an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop running 32 bit Windows-7 with nVidea Quadro NVS 120M GPU, 2GB RAM, Intel Core 2 T7200 2GHz CPU. I am on a fast wireless 4G LTE modem connection, so internet speed is not an issue.

Any advice is appreciated (in advance) Hope someone might know of a solution.
Actually I would say it was not even a language but mor of a sequence of fuzzy dotted squares and such.
Strange stuff, sounds more of some corruption than simply a language or font issue. You might get lucky if a setting is responsible by deleting the guisettings.xml file in the C:\Users\Kippers\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder. Then try a fresh install (check my sig) on a new boot. Failing all that a proper debug log (wiki) posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread will tell us more Log file/Advanced (wiki) 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)
(2016-11-21, 15:51)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Strange stuff, sounds more of some corruption than simply a language or font issue. You might get lucky if a setting is responsible by deleting the guisettings.xml file in the C:\Users\Kippers\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder. Then try a fresh install (check my sig) on a new boot. Failing all that a proper debug log (wiki) posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread will tell us more Log file/Advanced (wiki) 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)

Hi PatK:

Thank you for that. I tried a fresh install of FreeTelly (which uses Kodi) and same problem.
Load Kodi > Video > Get More > scroll down list 15-20% and the txt turns mushy/fuzzy/or not there..

uninstalled FreeTelly > reinstalled Jarvis 16.1 > same problem...
deleted guisettings > uninstalled Kodi > reBooted PC > did fresh install of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 > same problem...

I'm starting to think it's a graphic issue between Jarvis and the Dell's nVidea Quadro NVS 120m graphics chip.
I agree, the debug log would show the issue pretty quick. Looking at your set-up, I'd be tempted to try a legacy version of Kodi 15.2 before shopping for a Raspberry Pi3 or some alternative.
Strange thing.. I downloaded Kodi Krypton (beta) 17.0 on this 10 yr old laptop and all the problems I experienced previously went away.. lol (mind you a found a few new ones with the beta version) but all in all it works well.. though I miss the old Program section with the Addon Installer I had.