Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Philips PUS6501 and Serviio issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

As the title is stating I have a newly bought Philips PUS6501 Android TV and I use Serviio as DLNA server. I have one small problem and I don't know if this is a client or a server issue. Kodi is smart enough to play external subtitles too, but ~5 minutes towards the end of the clip the subtitles stop playing. On the computer the subtitles are working just fine.

Is there a way to debug this? Is it the wrong TV profile selected inside Serviio, "Philips 2010 -"? Do I really need a profile selected there?

Thanks
How does it behave, when using philips built-in player?

Also try without profile, there ara big differencies between Philips 2010 Models and 2016 Android TV models. Smile
I personally don't use Serviio, but so far I have not needed any special profile on my DLNA server, to get things working properly on similar Philips model (PUS6561)

Also I don't think, Kodi is best for DLNA, it shines when operating with network shares.
But for DLNA only it is more like overkill and has a little benefit over default player, provided by philips.
But that is my personal opinion.
The Philips built in player doesn't play external subtitles, only internal ones. And for the internal ones I can't get the text encoding to work right. It's like it's ignoring every code page I select in the list.

Which DLNA servers did you try with?

I will try with networks shares too Smile Thanks!

LE: Windows 10 network shares don't show up in the list...I will investigate further.
Well, for DLNA, I use Synology built-in media server. But I do have subtitles embedded to my files, for varoius reasons, including player (Philips is not the only one, which dislikes external subtitle files) issues with external subtitles.

For now days I use DLNA rarely, as Kodi can operate with SMB/NFS shares and has great library features.
Also this method is way more reliable than DLNA, with its various compatibility issues with different equipment and software.
Thanks for the heads up Smile I got the network share working on Windows 10. Yeap, the solution is a lot better than the DLNA server.