Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Old Nubby needs tv firestick help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed kodi/amazon firestick on Samsung smart tv ok and all seemed ok. I keep it unplugged when not in use on advice of others who say amazon can disable it when auto updating it. (?). Now when turning it back on all I get after home screen loads is amazon programs, recent, black screen that now is kodi. Starting kodi I get a blue screen of bubbles and a lot of selections. That seems okay so then I go to programs or videos and get a drop down menu of files or add-ons. If I go to files I get a submenu that shows me playlists and there are no playlist if I click on add ons I get a menu and brings up a whole list of what appeared to be movies all of which are in black and white old and not what I'm looking for I would just like to get back to the original Kodi load updated to the latest version if I have to do that manually and then find a station that would provide NFL football games on local a drug test and try to work from there. Do I need to reload Kodi? How do I know the difference between loading illegal Kodi program or a bootleg illegal Kodi program that I don't or shouldn't have question I appreciate your help in advance kindly somebody help an old man figure this damn thing out. Thank you very much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A
Hopefully a mod will see this post to get it moved into the correct forum where you will get more help. This sub-forum is for Raspberry Pi not android devices. The first thing would be to produce a debug log (wiki) and upload to a pastebin style site and post that link in the thread.
(2016-11-27, 17:46)calabashman Wrote: [ -> ]I installed kodi/amazon firestick on Samsung smart tv ok and all seemed ok. I keep it unplugged when not in use on advice of others who say amazon can disable it when auto updating it. (?). Now when turning it back on all I get after home screen loads is amazon programs, recent, black screen that now is kodi. Starting kodi I get a blue screen of bubbles and a lot of selections. That seems okay so then I go to programs or videos and get a drop down menu of files or add-ons. If I go to files I get a submenu that shows me playlists and there are no playlist if I click on add ons I get a menu and brings up a whole list of what appeared to be movies all of which are in black and white old and not what I'm looking for I would just like to get back to the original Kodi load updated to the latest version if I have to do that manually and then find a station that would provide NFL football games on local a drug test and try to work from there. Do I need to reload Kodi? How do I know the difference between loading illegal Kodi program or a bootleg illegal Kodi program that I don't or shouldn't have question I appreciate your help in advance kindly somebody help an old man figure this damn thing out. Thank you very much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A (typie typie)

Moved to Android.

How do you know if what you're accessing is illegal? Common sense really.

If you are accessing content that you would normally have to pay for free then it won't be legit. All add-ons in the official Kodi repo are safe. If you add anything yourself from dubious sources then there is a good chance they are not legit.

This is a non exhaustive list of http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

This is also worth checking out:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293115