Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant install Krypton on ATFV, anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I try to update from beta3 to beta5 and make the update with adblink but after ~5min the installation failed - x86 und x64 builds.
I also try Amazon FireTV Utility App but the installation also failed, but I'm not able to read the error message in the dox window because it's close to fast.
I can install Jarvis with Amazon FireTV Utility App the one-click-kodi-install option.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Use es explore never fails me in any scenario

Sent from my LG-H918
Thanks, with es explorer it works.
Hi,

one additional question to that.
Some weeks ago I installed without any problems on fire stick kodi 17 beta. The installed kodi was visible not only in the system settings but in apps-library as well on the amazon homscreen.

No I made the same on the AFTV-box. I installed kodi nighlty and SPMC 16.5.1. SPMC was linked as app inthe AFTV homescren, kodi I can only access from the system settings.

Any idea?

Furthermore I have with both installations (spmc and kodi 17 nightliy) heavy problems with 1080i mkv's. All other files running well and on fireTV stick I have no problems with these files, the same with other android-devices (minix, himedia ...) But maybe thats an complete other problem. Therefore I will search a solution in the forum. It is only a hint, that there is a bigger problem with my installation.

SaEt9000
You have to start Kodi from the apps library once to make it visible on the Amazon homescreen.
thanks for your answer. I started kodi in between (from the systems menu) but kodi is still not visible in the apps library. And of course not in the homescreen....

ok - seems normaly it should work. I will try it later again.

SaEt9000
I have AFTV@ (Fire OS 5.2.4.0, recent update) and up until now have had zero issues using Kodi (SPMC) on this box. However as of one day ago, SPMC either won't boot at all (boots to gray/black screen) or it boots normally, but loses settings/already scanned media folders. I've wiped everything & have done clean installs using both adblink and ES File Explorer, trying the last 4 versions of SPMC. I've had to re-re-scan my shared media folders each time, it just seems to lose the settings. Or worse , doesn't even open any more. Is anyone else on AFTV2 with this FW seeing similar?
Going to try yet another wipe & this time use Kodi 17 beta build as a last resort.
hmm.. it sounds that your database is corrupted.
You should delete all entries in database folder before you start your next complete rescan.

If you do not delete the possible corrupted database-files, they will destroy your library again and again.

SaEt9000
(2016-12-11, 21:51)SaEt9000 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm.. it sounds that your database is corrupted.
You should delete all entries in database folder before you start your next complete rescan.

If you do not delete the possible corrupted database-files, they will destroy your library again and again.

SaEt9000

2 problems.
1. is getting SPMC/Kodi to even consistently run on AFTV2 w/ FireOS 5.2.4.0 once installed.
2. After curing problem 1, being able to scan in my SMB shares ( I delete the data folder each time before reinstalling & re-scanning shares) and retaining them next time I use Kodi. First time it happened it was TVShows. 2nd time, Movies, last time it was Music
Currently have installed latest Kodi 17 beta 6 to give that a try before I jump out of a window somewhere...
Maybe all the FireTV posts can be moved into a single subforum where users can find solutions for the same problems posted over and over again?
Also with warning posts to warn users that AFTV devices have very bad software support, don't follow official API's and is not recommended for Kodi use.
Almost every post in Kodi Android subforum is about AFTV devices.
Just a suggestion.
(2016-12-12, 07:43)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe all the FireTV posts can be moved into a single subforum where users can find solutions for the same problems posted over and over again?
Also with warning posts to warn users that AFTV devices have very bad software support, don't follow official API's and is not recommended for Kodi use.
Almost every post in Kodi Android subforum is about AFTV devices.
Just a suggestion.
hmm...checking the latest 2 pages in this very forum, I only found 4 threads on AFTV. All different issues. I think as long as a thread starter marks "AFTV" in the subject, you can easily skip reading it if not interested. A lot of people own AFTVs, and a lot of people own Shields, and their will be a lot of questions about them posted here.
I had Krypton Beta 3 working well on my android 5.1. i have tried to upload beta 5 and tried beta 6 in both cases the apk file failed to install == any ideas would be appreciated
(2016-12-12, 13:07)Tom Mac Wrote: [ -> ]I had Krypton Beta 3 working well on my android 5.1. i have tried to upload beta 5 and tried beta 6 in both cases the apk file failed to install == any ideas would be appreciated
I have now tried the 32 bit option and it works -- sorry if i misled anyone