Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.1-No auto-resume for movies when selected with Kore app remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

It's good to be on this forum. Here is some context before posting my problem. Running Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) on my KDLINK A300 (Kitkat 4.4). Latest Kore app remote on my Nexus 5

When I select a movie on my Kore app remote on my Nexus 5 instead of on my tv screen, the auto-resume for movies don't work. However when I select the move from the movie list on my tv, there's no issues with auto-resume. I have tried re-installing Kodi 16.1 on my KDLINK A300 (android box) and it does nothing to resolve the issue. I have also tried to reinstall the Kore app remote on my Nexus 5 with no luck. Does anyone else have this issue and are there any fixes out there? Sorry if a fix has been posted as I couldn't find any while searching around.

Thank you
By auto-resume, do you mean the ability to restart watching a video at the point when you stopped?
hi nickr, that is correct. If I select the movie from the tv screen, the movie will resume from wherever I stopped. However, if I select the movie from the Kore app remote on my Nexus 5 phone (ex. by touching one of the thumbnails on the Kore), stop the movie, and then playing it back either through the Kore app remote or selecting it from the tv screen, a resume point is not created and the movie just starts from the beginning. Sorry for the amount of details I have a developer background and want to ensure the problem I face is explained with no ambiguity.

Thanks to everyone for reading and trying to help out. great community
I don't recall that happening to me, but I'll test.
thanks nickr. if anybody else has this problem and knows of a patch/fix please let me know.

thank you
Anybody else have this issue/ know how to fix this issue? It only happens when you select the movie using the Kore remote (for me it's used on an Nexus 5 android OS). By selecting movies, I mean by using the menu inside the Kore remote and picking from the listed movie thumbnails shown on your phone's screen.

It's bugging me haha. Need help please.