Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Write Permissions Gone Since Android Update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday there was an update for my Sony Android TV and ever since then i can't change/write anything in kodi's File Manager. Before the update i could so kodi may need to update its permissions or i have corrupted app?

My TV Android Ver is 6.0.1 and Build Bravia_ATV2_PA-user 6.0.1 MMB29VS50 1.6.0.06.14.1.00 release-keys and running kodi 16.1

thanks
Write to what? Internal or external storage?

If it's external storage then it has nothing specifically to do with Kodi since apps only have permission to write to their own folder on the drive.
Write to USB (External storage)
Well all i can say i could write to the USB HDD in Kodi before the android updated my TV.

Any1 who knows about android permissions could look at them for OS and Kodi app itself?

thanks
That may have been, but due to Android limitations the only place a app has default permission to write is in the app folder on the external drive.

The only way for full access is for the app to ask for permission. And I believe this has been addressed already and because of the way it has to be done it's not going to be implemented in Kodi (that could or may change).

So for at least the time being you'll have to live with the limitations of Androids permissions.