Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: This is unstable software!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"This is unstable software! The authors are in no way reponsible for failed playings, incorrect EPG times, wasted hours, or any other undesired effects"

This is the message displayed in Kodi when I open the Simple IPTV through the addons list.
And that's true. Since a couple of days the addon started to play up. The list of channels is failing to load 1/3 times and guide is not loading for most of the time.

Has something been done to the plugin or maybe there was some changes in the Kod's addon architecture making the Simple IPTV unreliable?

Anyone knows what is going on?
Forgot to mention, the problems and this message started since Estuary was upgraded to V2 in nightlies,
no debug log (wiki) no problem in our eyes.
I knew I will see that kind of response. I'm not going to provide the log file just to see the topic closed down based on the legality concerns of my sources.

That's why I clearly asked why after the recent kodi nightly updates Simple PVR became unstable and there is a note saying so.
It's clear that the problems are caused by Kodi<-> Simple PVR plugin compatibility as it's working without any issues on previous nightly builds, but if you insist on seeing the log file give me a links to the m3u and epg which you consider legal please.
(2016-12-01, 19:37)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]I knew I will see that kind of response. I'm not going to provide the log file just to see the topic closed down based on the legality concerns of my sources.

You got that response because those are the rules for support on this forum.

(2016-12-01, 19:41)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]but if you insist on seeing the log file give me a links to the m3u and epg which you consider legal please.

The burden of responsibility to provide legal sources is with you, the user I'm afraid.
Here, let me guide you to the correct path of our discussion

(2016-12-01, 20:14)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]Here, let me guide you to the correct path of our discussion

So it is working as described.

You have posted in the support forum which requires certain useful information for the user in order in order for support to be provided (such as your logs). If you wish to have a discussion about it instead then I can move this to the discussion forum.
Is beeing unstable a desired working state? If so I do apologise.
@OP - You should take up your issue with the add-on author as that disclaimer is added by the author. Kodi core is simply displaying what it was told to when the add-on was installed/updated.

See https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...don.xml.in line 115 etc.
I thought this subforum is the place where the Simple IPTV dev can look for issues with his plugin, if I'm wrong I'll repost it on github.
(2016-12-01, 20:59)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this subforum is the place where the Simple IPTV dev can look for issues with his plugin, if I'm wrong I'll repost it on github.

It can be but issues cannot be analysed without detailed information for the user that you do not wish to provide. Without any information it is just a discussion and a exercise in conjecture.
Misunderstanding came from that I thought this message comes from Kodi which flagged the plugin as unstable. If it's true that the author himself wrote that I should chase him directly.
@oomek - please keep in mind that all of the work done over the years on this has been done for free by volunteers. If you would like something that has a guarantee you should look into commercial software as well as legitimate sources. With that being said please put your pitchforks away.
as for me , and i don't know if this was documented already, i often have to to shut down kodi because when starting up, the pvr client starts and all just freeze... i then need to force close kodi, sometimes 3-4 times before i get a good reboot where the pvr client boots up properly ( channels loading and all)without freezing kodi.
Pages: 1 2