Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-04, 15:51)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems you are not up to date. ;-)

The PR got updated yesterday morning, I tested the updated code and it worked like a charm for me. The updated PR got merged yesterday. I had the same judder problem as you described with the initial version of the PR, btw. I worked directly with fernet to get the problems resolved.

I reported my findings, got nothing back. Last time I bother testing video PRs, I guess - I'll leave it to you. Smile
(2017-09-03, 00:29)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-02, 22:50)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]What is the trick to scrape a movie manually because the method with pressing "info" does not work anymore?

When did this issue start? Is it the same as the issue discussed in this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320682 ?

The speculation is that PR12592 (a Krypton PR) may be involved - the equivalent PR in master is PR12373 which merged in #0729.

Can you confirm if the issue first appears in #0729, and that #0728 does not have this issue?

yes...
Hi Milhouse,

Is it possible to have a new Waveform addons, it was disable with recent build ?
(2017-09-04, 22:36)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]yes...

Thanks - a fix will be in tonight's build (which won't be available for a few more hours - needs a clean build)

(2017-09-04, 23:05)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Milhouse,

Is it possible to have a new Waveform addons, it was disable with recent build ?

I'll see what I can do after tonight's build is out.
(2017-09-04, 20:40)yallah Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I get some problem with samba over internet. With your nightly my video is laggy with a lot buffer sequence.

And if I use on same Internet connexions but with kodi player on windows it's working perfectly without any buffer.

https://pastebin.com/RzKeT1eV

And this started, when exactly - what build is the first with this behaviour? Have you only just started using these test builds, or have they been working fine until recently? What makes you think it's a Samba issue?

Unfortunately your log isn't a debug log (wiki) so isn't particularly useful.

And SMB over the internet - are you mad? Smile
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0904: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.13.0 #1 SMP Tue Sep 5 05:11:02 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170905050933-#0904-gfe3d5c2 [Build #0904]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:3dbac37). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (fe3d5c2, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3dbac37, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (36fb493)
  • Includes latest libcec master (8adc786, ahead +26)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (df94ae9, ahead +56)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (a822e19)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.adaptive (1656efc), inputstream.rtmp (e094fa3), peripheral.joystick (cc14287), pvr.argustv (23cc0e8), pvr.demo (122dedd), pvr.dvblink (816f90c), pvr.dvbviewer (8741c8b), pvr.filmon (34dca04), pvr.hdhomerun (ace19fa), pvr.hts (53118d8), pvr.iptvsimple (ac4f4bd), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (c86ab35), pvr.mythtv (b46e5be), pvr.nextpvr (a855663), pvr.njoy (99874de), pvr.octonet (a77cf11), pvr.pctv (549f690), pvr.stalker (e15edca), pvr.vbox (b5da811), pvr.vdr.vnsi (7e6e385), pvr.vuplus (9bfd868), pvr.wmc (d820bf8)
  • Include [env] compare: kodi: updates for September
  • Include [env] patch: libcec: don't link non-existant libtinfo
  • Include [env] patch: rev hack for kodi
  • Include [env] patch: inputstream.adaptive: don't build it twice...
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.* and os.*
  • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, inputstream, vfs, other)
  • Include [env] patch: pvr addons: disable broken addons
  • Include [env] PR:1773: init: make break after behaviour really break after
  • Include [env] PR:1776: Don't cause system to hang on halt/reboot when net-booting
  • Include [env] PR:1791: nss/nspr: include in main image [rfc]
  • Include [env] PR:1815: linux: update to linux-4.13.0
  • Include [env] PR:1835: add support for optional kernel modules in image and from addons
  • Include [env] PR:1919: samba: don't restart smbd in samba-autoshare
  • Include [env] PR:1923: mesa: update to 17.2.0-rc6
  • Include [env] PR:1940: RTL8812AU: update to RTL8812AU-8e7ccba
  • Include [env] PR:1943: samba: ensure new properties are populated on upgrade
  • Include [pkg] patch: skin.estuary: reduce system info font size (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] PR:234: implement intensity compensation for VC-1 decoding for Ivybridge and better (intel-vaapi-driver)
  • Include [pkg] PR:260: Fix Seeking with VC1 after 6702b01ee3598017f05374bfc7956493f790361c (intel-vaapi-driver)
  • Include [pkg] PR:12311: FIX: ensure real filename from videodb in playlists
  • Include [pkg] PR:12708: Add contextmenu option to remove resume points
  • Include [pkg] PR:12767: Partial revert of imdb crashfix due to a introduced bug
Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.13.0 kernel
  2. Fix for individual movie scraping
  3. VC-1 on Intel playback intensity compensation fixes (may fix artefacts reported by some users)
  4. Dropped PR12715 (RetroPlayer: Add renderer for Windows, OpenGL and OpenGLES) - needs rebase
  5. Kernel overlays addon now includes support for firmware
  6. With 4.13.0, SMB OS mounts are now SMB3 by default: https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/9/3/155
    Linus Torvalds Wrote:The change in question is simply changing the default cifs behavior:
    instead of defaulting to SMB 1.0 (which you really should not use:
    just google for "stop using SMB1" or similar), the default cifs mount
    now defaults to a rather more modern SMB 3.0.
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.12.10 (PR:1935, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix title missing in recordings OSD. (PR:12766, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [videoinfo] get video aspect ration from CDataCacheCore (PR:12703, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Fix] [Music] GetGenresByArtist for album artists (PR:12748, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FindFmt can now be compiled internally (PR:12745, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [jsmn] increase tokens size to 256 (PR:60, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1815: linux: update to linux-4.13.0
    • Added: [pkg] PR:234: implement intensity compensation for VC-1 decoding for Ivybridge and better (intel-vaapi-driver)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:260: Fix Seeking with VC1 after 6702b01ee3598017f05374bfc7956493f790361c (intel-vaapi-driver)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12767: Partial revert of imdb crashfix due to a introduced bug
(2017-09-05, 01:33)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-04, 20:40)yallah Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I get some problem with samba over internet. With your nightly my video is laggy with a lot buffer sequence.

And if I use on same Internet connexions but with kodi player on windows it's working perfectly without any buffer.

https://pastebin.com/RzKeT1eV

And this started, when exactly - what build is the first with this behaviour? Have you only just started using these test builds, or have they been working fine until recently? What makes you think it's a Samba issue?

Unfortunately your log isn't a debug log (wiki) so isn't particularly useful.

And SMB over the internet - are you mad? Smile

I find solution, if I create link to smb with GUI (Add Video,...) I get that problem (shutter, buffer,...).I get that problem since krypton test build if I remember, I can check
But If I mount smb by "cifs.mount.sample" with http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...ork_shares it's working perfectly. I didn't get any shutter or other problem.
Otherwise, with windows application I can use GUI and it's work perfectly.

If you need my log I will send you later, let me know. But for me that way is enough Smile

Thanks
(2017-09-04, 22:22)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-04, 15:51)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems you are not up to date. ;-)

The PR got updated yesterday morning, I tested the updated code and it worked like a charm for me. The updated PR got merged yesterday. I had the same judder problem as you described with the initial version of the PR, btw. I worked directly with fernet to get the problems resolved.

I reported my findings, got nothing back. Last time I bother testing video PRs, I guess - I'll leave it to you. Smile

Come on, don't shoot the messenger. Sometimes we're moving quite fast and simply forget to document progress in all relevant channels. I did the testing of the reworked PR on Sunday between breakfast and 12:00, while the rest of my family was out. I simply had no time to report my findings everywhere and it seems that fernet was in the same situation. But hey, no drama. Just keep on testing video PRs, okay? ;-)
(2017-09-05, 07:43)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, don't shoot the messenger. Sometimes we're moving quite fast and simply forget to document progress in all relevant channels. I did the testing of the reworked PR on Sunday between breakfast and 12:00, while the rest of my family was out. I simply had no time to report my findings everywhere and it seems that fernet was in the same situation. But hey, no drama. Just keep on testing video PRs, okay? ;-)

I'm not having a go at you, but what I am saying is that with the current level of engagement from the developer there's really no point in testing his stuff - I've got better things to do with my time than waste it providing bug reports that aren't even acknowledged (Slack, trac, wherever). Anything he merges will be tested of course, by the guys in this thread, but if it's broken then we just wait until someone else reports it again on Ubuntu or Windows or whatever platform he does choose to support because we know he's not interested in LibreELEC bug reports. It's not ideal, but that's the situation we're in, and I'm past the point of caring about his shit.
The following addons have been updated:

Code:
service.tvheadend42
screensaver.asteroids
script.moonlight
service.multimedia.vdr-addon
vfs.rar
visualization.projectm
visualization.spectrum
visualization.waveform

Anything not listed (eg. visualization.shadertoy/screensaver.shadertoy) that has been uploaded before, doesn't currently build.
@John.cord/@DaVu can you confirm the single movie refresh is now working with #0904?
(2017-09-05, 09:02)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 07:43)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, don't shoot the messenger. Sometimes we're moving quite fast and simply forget to document progress in all relevant channels. I did the testing of the reworked PR on Sunday between breakfast and 12:00, while the rest of my family was out. I simply had no time to report my findings everywhere and it seems that fernet was in the same situation. But hey, no drama. Just keep on testing video PRs, okay? ;-)

I'm not having a go at you, but what I am saying is that with the current level of engagement from the developer there's really no point in testing his stuff - I've got better things to do with my time than waste it providing bug reports that aren't even acknowledged (Slack, trac, wherever). Anything he merges will be tested of course, by the guys in this thread, but if it's broken then we just wait until someone else reports it again on Ubuntu or Windows or whatever platform he does choose to support because we know he's not interested in LibreELEC bug reports. It's not ideal, but that's the situation we're in, and I'm past the point of caring about his shit.

Maybe we forgot to say: please. Wink
(2017-09-05, 16:50)rudrood Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 09:02)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe we forgot to say: please. Wink

maybe, being polite never hurts. ;-)
(2017-09-04, 10:54)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-04, 10:10)carlo13 Wrote: [ -> ]Small minor issue - with #0902 Generic. But also present in former builds.

Very often (not always) when I'm watching some streaming content (either Eurosport Player or Amazon VOD), when I press "back" on my remote (means the stream keeps running in the background) and navigate to the DVBS channel list and select the first channel from the list (Das Erste HD), kodi shows again the running stream fullsize and doesn't switch to the tv channel.
If I then try to navigate to the channel list again, select the second tv channel (ZDF HD). It switches to the tv channel directly and afterwards I'm able to select as well the first channel.

here is the log:
http://sprunge.us/LSiA
... I first tried to reproduce by opening Eurosport Player stream and then switch to first tv channel, what did work in this case. Afterwards tried the same by opening Amazon VOD stream first and then switch to the tv channel -> didn't work.

I will take a look. Thanks for reporting.

Cannot reproduce, sorry.
Dears,
I installed the latest version 5/9( #0904, 05-Sep-2017) and I noticed strange video effect.

Just waiting on a menu ( ie setting) the screen "flashed" times to times ( not regularly , sometimes each 10sec, sometimes each 20sec)
No error in log are reported
I reset to default the interface, try to change the screen resolution & refresh rate
Tested on another screen -> No change
I use LE since version 7 on the same HW & never noticed this effect
My HW is a SOM e8000 from Solidrun

I ve a video but I don't know where to upload it

Any idea ?
Best
JP