Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Celox can you check if your WOL from shutdown/S5 issue is now resolved in 4.19-rc5?
(2018-09-25, 10:49)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-25, 07:45)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi got a problem, I've done a few of these updates of late with out any problems untill last night during the install of #0923 all went well untill first boot where I'm now just stuck on the kodi leia boot screen, tried restarting a few times but still the same out come any ideas? I'm at work now so can't provide to much info, this is installed on a chromebox. Cheers

Can't say for sure without a crash log. My guess would be that your /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml file has gone AWOL, as that seems to kill kodi quite effectively.  
OK thanks for that, So if that is the case that the profiles.xml is AWOL How do I fix it (still very newb at this) lol?,  I take it the crash log is in the same Dir as above? now the newbie question's can you please tell the the default username and password to ssh (I'm using Winscp) into LibreELEC? for some unknown reason I can't login anymore not changed anything from when I last used it although it's been awhile. Sorry for all the newbie questions your help is most appreciated.
User: root
Pass: libreelec
(2018-09-26, 08:06)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]User: root
Pass: libreelec
 Cheers for that, yeah that's what I'm using but keep getting wrong user? Sad
Your problem doesn't seem to be related to the testbuilds. Please seek genreral support and consider setting up your installation from scratch.
(2018-09-26, 08:48)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for that, yeah that's what I'm using but keep getting wrong user? Sad

Don't use WinSCP, use PuTTY. WinSCP will not give you console access.

Are you sure you're using the correct IP address and not connecting to another machine? Make sure caps lock is disabled (Linux is case sensitive). Did you change the default password in the past (this is possible in LE9 and will not revert to default in Safe Mode). Did you enable SSH in the Safe Mode "First Run Wizard" (or in the LE Settings addon)?

Uploading the crash log while in Safe Mode would at least help identify the reason for the crash.

Assuming profiles.xml is your problem then you can restore the missing profiles.xml from the Safe Mode installation by running the following command in the PuTTY/ssh console:
text:

cp /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/.kodi.FAILED/userdata
and then reboot.

Other than that, we can't really diagnose this further without your crash log.
i just got the chance to test it (#925x) and unfortunately doesn't work from S5 though still works from suspend (S3). so no regression either.
both still work fine on latest generic (#925) 4.18 build.
(2018-09-26, 15:48)Celox Wrote: [ -> ]i just got the chance to test it (#925x) and unfortunately doesn't work from S5 though still works from suspend (S3). so no regression either.
both still work fine on latest generic (#925) 4.18 build.

OK thanks, I've passed this information on.
Does anyone have home screen artifacts when playing videos in full screen mode? What I mean is, that you usually have a black bar in top and bottom of the screen, instead I have parts of the home screen in top and bottom. Really annoying...
(2018-09-26, 23:33)Ipaddle Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have home screen artifacts when playing videos in full screen mode? What I mean is, that you usually have a black bar in top and bottom of the screen, instead I have parts of the home screen in top and bottom. Really annoying...
I have found this at my parrents NUC today... Same problem - NUC i3 Skylake, Led TV, last build. At my home - NUC Kabylake i5, plasma,  is everything just fine - also with latest build. So, i dont resolve this yet... I tried downgrade to version about 0831 and same problem...
I believe the artefacts problem started with #0814, probably PR14295.

Can you describe the steps to reproduce - does it require a specific skin or stock Estuary? Can't say I've noticed it myself with stock Estuary. I've watched letter boxed movies in full screen mode without a problem, anything that was on an nvidia box so maybe this is NUC/Intel specific...

Edit: Tested #0926 on Skylake NUC with stock Estuary and haven't been able to see the problem myself... detailed steps to reproduce might help!
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0926: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 351c862a70f5690b3020e5c7593c85a12a1a79456c123a1ee50ffffe206d57ce (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.18.10 #1 SMP Wed Sep 26 21:56:15 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180926214629-#0926-g1bed946 [Build #0926]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA3 Git:f4618bf). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (1bed946, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f4618bf, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.18.10 kernel
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [docs] Fixed a typo. (PR:14477, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [linux] allow overriding the userdata dir (PR:14460, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Armv7 build neon (PR:14250, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Update game.controller.default to v1.0.7 (PR:14482, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Android] check profile when selecting h/w decoder (PR:14475, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2908 (perma): linux (Generic): update to linux-4.18.10
    • Updated: [env] PR:2913 (perma): linux (RPi): update to linux-4.18.10
    • Added: [pkg] PR:104 (perma): We only want bits 0:25 for revision codes (service.libreelec.settings)
ok thanks for the reply and many thanks for the support much appreciated
(2018-09-27, 04:55)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the artefacts problem started with #0814, probably PR14295.

Can you describe the steps to reproduce - does it require a specific skin or stock Estuary? Can't say I've noticed it myself with stock Estuary. I've watched letter boxed movies in full screen mode without a problem, anything that was on an nvidia box so maybe this is NUC/Intel specific...

Edit: Tested #0926 on Skylake NUC with stock Estuary and haven't been able to see the problem myself... detailed steps to reproduce might help!
 Correct. I use it in an Home Built HTPC with a I3 Coffe Lake and I have the artefacts since #814.
When I put an NViDIA gt1030 in the HTPC it works fine but no 4k/10 bits.
By the way the problem is common to all the skins I tested, Estuary included.
JM
(2018-09-27, 15:59)oneneo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-27, 04:55)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the artefacts problem started with #0814, probably PR14295.

Correct. I use it in an Home Built HTPC with a I3 Coffe Lake and I have the artefacts since #814.
When I put an NViDIA gt1030 in the HTPC it works fine but no 4k/10 bits.
By the way the problem is common to all the skins I tested, Estuary included.
JM

Either I'm not testing correctly, or a Skylake i5 NUC isn't affected either.

Can someone provide step-by-step instructions so there's no mistake how this can be reproduced?