Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Search RecordedTV section for specific shows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can do this in WMC. Is there a way to search for a recorded show through the Kodi interface? I have thousands of recordings and scrolling is getting kinda old..

Thanks for your time.
'Search' is a sub menu in the the TV section of kodi.
(2016-12-02, 00:45)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]'Search' is a sub menu in the the TV section of kodi.

I know - but I only seem to get guide results, not anything from my Recorded TV content. Even if I uncheck "Ignore present recordings" it just doesn't return anything I already have on disk.

I'll keep trying...
You are right, I can't get it to work either. I am going to move this thread to the main pvr forum and see if they have any ideas.
bump

I'd appreciate it if anyone who uses a different pvr solution than wmc could check whether you can search your recorded files with kodi's search. When we try it, it only seems to report data from the guide.

Thanks.
Same with Mediaportal backend - it searches the guide only.

"Ignore present recordings" or "ignore present timers" doesn't seem to do anything either - made no difference to searches for programmes in EPG that I had already recorded or set timers for.... though I guess this may just be due a lack in local transmitted EPG info.
Thanks for testing it. In my testing I found that it was finding timers that had been set, but I am going to go back and look at that again.
I can't get it to work in krypton beta 5 either. Time to enter it as a bug?
Sounds more like a missing feature to me... :-)
I think it's a bug since the search screen lets you set whether to search your recorded tv shows, but changing this settings has no effect.
The search dialog is intended to find epg events, not recordings or timers. So finding recordings or timers is a feature request.

The "ignore present timers / recordings" settings in the dialog are intended to exclude epg events that already got recorded or will be recorded. The fact, that this does not work, is a bug
Just a quick heads-up. I implemented the missing functionality ("ignore present timers / recordings") for Kodi v18 Leia. => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11570