Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: View types options missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that the option to change view types has illogically disappeared from various sources. For instance it is no longer available in "Singles" or "Files" in the music section, while they still exist in "Albums" and "Compilations". This has been an issue since Krypton Alpha releases, but at first the options was just greyed out so i thought it was under construction, however now the option is totally gone. Will this be fixed in the final release?
Perhaps I should be more specific. I wish to browse singles (and files) in wall view, the same way I can with albums and compilations. It makes no sense to me that this option has been excluded.
+1 Big Grin
Was done on purpose, singles are "songs" content type, and to browse songs in a wall viewtype doesnt make much sense to me.
(2017-01-10, 21:43)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Was done on purpose, singles are "songs" content type, and to browse songs in a wall viewtype doesnt make much sense to me.

Thanks for your answer phil65. I guess we have different opinions on what makes sense Wink

I agree with you as far as “songs” are parts of an album and no wall view is needed for them. But a “single” is an exclusive item and release, which is not included on an album. Just like in the physical form of releases, we have albums and singles – each one with unique content (versions, remixes, 12 inches and so on) and with unique cover art. Many Kodi music users (including me) have huge music collections, many times exclusive material ripped from cd or vinyl singles, and to browse them by cover art is part of the pleasure Smile
The view option is completely missing in Video -> Files -> Folder. So now there is no way to view video files by thumbnails.
(2017-02-04, 01:23)badbob001 Wrote: [ -> ]The view option is completely missing in Video -> Files -> Folder. So now there is no way to view video files by thumbnails.

And same thing with Music > Files > Folder. It seems that in general the options to customize Estuary are getting fewer. I hope the team can consider bringing these back.