Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: STREAMING LIVE VIDEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I hope I put this in the correct place. My parents own a restaurant that we have live bands come and play on a small stage. The way the restaurant is shaped makes it hard for some of our guest to see the stage. I wanted to connect a wifi camera and have it stream to 50 inch LCD TV that i will place on a wall. I was wondering if I can use KODI to bridge the gap between the camera and the TV.

Thanks for your help
Kodi itself is just the player. While it can work in such a situation, it's probably overkill. The real guts of that system is all in the IPTV cameras. From there just about any basic player with some basic software, Kodi or otherwise, can then be installed on some basic system connected to a TV (Pi, Android, etc).
Hmm, that being said, you could set it up as an IPTV channel along side something like an HDHomeRun. Then Kodi could flip between OTA channels (sports or whatever) or the live stage feed, allowing them to be a bit more multipurpose. Depending on what kind of restaurant it is, of course.
Hmmm i thought it would be easier. How would i go about setting up a IPTV channel from the camera?

My original idea was to just run the app on a smart TV but that didn’t work, I thought about getting and android box with the Google store on it and down load the app but I have a fire TV stick that I no longer use and though maybe KODI would replace the apps function somehow. I want to keep the price as low as possible and buys a hd homerun would bring the price up. Thanks for you help Ned.